For an intro to Trunk Club, read this!
Just got my 2nd trunk! There’s a lot of great stuff in this box, and I even decided to include a try-on so you can see what the clothes look like on a person! Check out the video below, and keep reading for links to all the products:
- Madewell ‘Whisper’ Cotton V-neck Pocket Tee | $19.50: I had asked for more of these in my last trunk in a smaller size, so Kristy sent me two sizes: S and XS. I prefer my shirts a little more fitted at the top and looser at the bottom, and black XS fit that bill. Plus, I don’t have a plain black tee.
- Frame ‘Le Skinny de Jeanne’ Distressed Crop Jeans (Lilac Blanc) | $199: I had never heard of Frame Denim until a couple months ago, but I already like what I see. It is a brand that has been only around for about 4 years, but is already a favorite among the rich and famous. I was really surprised by how much I liked these, but will have to seriously think about them based on their high price and the distressed holes.
- Citizens of Humanity ‘Agnes’ Crop Skinny Jean (Modern Love) | $188: Regular length jeans are usually too long for me, so I asked Kristy to try out some shorter inseam options. Although these were very comfortable, they weren’t tapered enough at the bottom and were just a little bit too short on me.
- Joie ‘Devitri’ Floral Print Silk Blouse | $278: Really pretty print that is right up my style alley. I usually hate this neckline on me, but I really liked it here. The sleeves were a little too long and the placket design on the buttons were enough to make this a no.
- Vince Double V Ribbed Wool & Cashmere Sweater | $325: Too loose-fitting in all the wrong areas, looked frumpy on me.
- Rails ‘Hunter’ Plaid Shirt | $148: Really loved the color and pattern here. Quality is great and the tailoring is very flattering. However, the sleeves were a little long, and I just don’t think I could spend this much money on a casual shirt.
- Tory Burch ‘Mackenzie’ Zip Front A-line Dress | $350: Tory Burch is one of those brands that I can never understand why it’s so expensive, and this is one more reason for that. The fit was all wrong here, although I liked the idea of the design.
- Steve Madden ‘Skales’ Cage Sandal | $109.95: Love these! Although they are a little steep in the instep, they are rather comfortable for such a high heel.
- BP. ‘Trolley’ Bootie | $99.95: I have tried this on before at Nordstrom and thought I wasn’t a fan of the rounded almond toe. However, I was pleasantly surprised and I really like these! Am considering keeping…
Overall, I think this is much improved over the last trunk. There were so many more things in here I really loved and would keep considering, even for the higher prices. There were definitely things in here I loved that I would never have picked out for myself, and even if I don’t end up keeping those things, it encourages me to give those styles a second glance when I’m shopping on my own. I think for the next trunk, I will ask for lower priced items so I will be able to keep more things.
To try out Trunk Club and get Kristy as a stylist, please use my referral link!